High school graduations for the class of 2016 are happening now. Soon you'll be welcoming the class of 2020 to your college ministry. Or maybe you're sending students off to another town to attend school. Before you do, be sure they are prepared for what's next. We have a few resources to help.
- Videos: Feel free to use any of the videos on the texasfreshmen.com website as you talk with your seniors about preparing spiritually for college life. Share them on social media or use them as discussion starters with students.
- Website: The texasfreshmen.com site has an interactive directory of Baptist Student Ministries and churches around the state for students to explore. Share the link with students and encourage them to check out what's available near their school.
- Student Speakers: We would be glad to help you find a students involved in Baptist Student Ministry to come to your church and share with your students. To schedule a student speaker, email email@example.com.
- Parent letter: To help you prepare students and their families for this time of transition, we have prepared a sample letter for parents from their youth minister (or change it to college minister) that you might want to send out. You can download it in a Word format here.
- Anything else? Please let us know how we can help you as you minister to these graduating seniors. We'll be glad to recommend books and study resources, or send along some Texas Freshmen cards to your group. Just let us know what you need. We're happy to help!
For more information about texasfreshmen.comcontact Ginger Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org. What other ways do you help incoming freshmen transition to college? We'd love to hear about it.
Share with us on our Facebook page here.