posted Apr 22, 2014, 4:34 PM by Ginger Bowman
updated Jul 15, 2014, 3:15 PM
It's time once again for graduation! How did it get here so quicky? Tis the season for graduation celebrations, caps & gowns, and future plans. In these next few months as those high school seniors get ready to be college freshmen, we want to help them get connected to a Baptist Student Ministry (BSM) on their campus and a local church where they can continue to grow in their faith in Christ. A few years ago we created http://www.texasfreshmen.com to help students connect with a BSM at the college they will be attending. If you have responsibility for these graduates in your church, as a minister or as a Sunday school teacher, you can be be sure that they are contacted by a Baptist Student Ministry and/or a local church in the place that they will be attending college by sharing their contact information with us through http://www.texasfreshmen.com. You may add each student individually on thetexasfreshmen.com website here, or if you have a large list, upload an entire spreadsheet of names by emailing us your list at email@example.com.
Here's one student's story about how BSM has impacted her college experience.
Tools You Can Use
- Videos: Feel free to use any of the videos on the texasfreshmen.com website as you talk with your seniors about preparing spiritually for college life.
- Website: The texasfreshmen.com site has an interactive directory of BSMs around the state for students to explore, as well as the testimonial videos from students. You can post these on group social media sites or send the links in an email.
- Student Speakers: There are also several students involved in Baptist Student Ministry who are prepared to come to your church and share with your students. To schedule a student speaker, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parent letter: To help you prepare students and their families for this time of transition, we have prepared a sample letter for parents that you might want to send out. You can download it in a Word format here.
- Anything else? Please let us know how we can help you as you minister to these graduating seniors. We'll be glad to recommend books and study resources, or send along some texasfreshmen cards to your group. Just let us know what you need. We're happy to help!